Search This Blog

Friday, July 1, 2011

Drawing and Painting?

So, yesterday we went on a field trip around town for Ceramics.
Hopping to various art studios and centers around downtown.
We ran into Carrie Pearce at her and her husband's studio, I asked her a lot of questions about working with oils, because I am heavily leaning towards making the switch from acrylics.
Why?
Because I love figurative art and working large, two things that acrylics don't seem to like, especially the time it takes to pump out a large figurative piece.
But, i'm still working with them, i'm just trying to make a smooth transition at some point over to mainly using oils.
Carrie also shared with us two books that i'm going to get through the library
This has information on specific palettes different painters used to create the paintings shown in the book. Which is really interesting.
I don't know much about this one, but i'm interested!
But, while talking to Carrie she suggested that it was a good idea for artists, in this case painters, to try to re-create a painting they love because you learn a lot through analyzing it.
SO, i'm going to try this tonight!
I went to the Ceramics lab earlier, didn't really accomplish anything, which sucks.
I had an appointment with my doctor for my BC, and she wants me to remain on the ring for the next month and come back if needed.
While in the waiting room I decided to draw people while they moved and with little control by looking down. I also decided to draw myself in the mirror while I waited for the doctor and drew some quick hands from one of the magazines in there as well.
Results:
So i'll go ahead and apologize now for the poor quality of anything and everything I will post till I get a point and shoot. And I hate that my photobooth program reverses everything.
So i'm going to try to re-create a Saville painting on one of my low quality canvas boards, i'm trying to decide which one!
1.
2.
3.


P.s.
She's dynamite my friends, pure fucking dynamite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...