Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Ceramics

So tomorrow is our last day to work with wet clay because next Tuesday is our last day of class.
We have another Bisque fire, at least, and a glaze fire or two to try to cram in.
And a Raku fire!
Clay has to undergo a chemical reaction to become ceramic, this occurs during a Bisque firing.
Glaze firing is another chemical reaction, except this time, the liquid glass is bonding itself to the surface of the ceramic piece.
A Raku firing produces beautiful colorful and sometimes metallic results.
I.e.

Then once everything is said and done, i'll be posting photos of what i've made.
Just for kicks.
So let's hope I get my monkey done tomorrow, there is no other option.
I spent most of my morning organizing, in my head, how i'm going to be able to afford to move to Providence and get a car.
I was looking, last night, at more places in Providence for pricing and I found some really awesome deals.
I need to ask my friend Maria where she found her roommate.
Because, i'll need one when I move.
So yeah.
I'm off to practice.
It is hot as shit outside right now.
My skin might start melting off like hot wax.


P.s.
These, need to become mine.
AYP is sold out of them right now.
GRRR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...