Search This Blog

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Digital Camera and Gothic Miss Manners

So, I went out and bought a digital camera today.
HURRAH! Right?!
I was deciding between two cameras that were virtually the same only, the one I bought was like 60$ cheaper than the other.
So with the extra money I went on a hunt to find Donnie Darko.
I watched it for the first time earlier this week(I know it is incredibly shocking!), and I absolutely loved it.
I'm actually designing a hoodie to make here soon, once I get some funds.
Anyway, I found it for 10$, and along the way I picked up Metropolis for 20$, and Watchmen for $10.
I almost got Dr. Strangelove, but it was 15$.
I've been floating around two tumblr's today, one is the lovely Gothic Miss Manners, and the other is " Miss Tabitha Zombie.
I have been a hardcore fan of Miss Manners since I was 10, surfing around for what Goth was on the internet while wearing my halloween plastic fangs.
I wore those religiously, i'd put them in when I got out of school, I even tried eating and drinking in them.
Of course they were really terrible plastic so it didn't take long for them to fall apart.
Anyhow, Gothic Miss Manners is a wonderful lady in Seattle that compiled her years of answering questions from concerned Goths and parents around the globe, as well as, addressing basic etiquette of Goth; into the awesome book below.
So without further ado i'm going to re-post some of what i've found on her tumblr, and also some halloween related things.
I'm so ready for Fall!
I want pumpkins, Cider, and Haunted Houses.
Anyway,
I love love LOVE this photo and these girls.
I'm so excited to shave my sides completely bare, there are so many stylistic options!
I'm looking to experiment with my eye make up.
THIS is the Tim Burton exhibit i'm going to go see when i'm in California for a week.
So much love.
<3

So i've been thinking about doing some quick paintings in my free time, when i'm not painting for fine art purposes. Of painting and drawing people like Vincent Price, Elvira, Vampira, Siouxsie Sioux. And then either selling them or keeping some of them and using them to decorate my future home.
It all started when I drew Frankenstein when I was 15, I no longer have him, but It inspired me to do a series of old horror movie character portraits.
I'm also brainstorming for things to put skeleton print on, and i've got a wonderful white bumflap to paint on. I'm thinking of doing a Batcave stencil in black on it.
I also still want to get a license for bat rehabilitation, and possibly volunteer at a center.
They used to offer classes down at BatWorld in Texas, but not anymore.
On a slightly different note,
These have just made my decision for me, i'm stretching to a 00g
Also! Even more random, but you can use lotion instead of make up remover, to remove your make up. Cheaper, and still effective. Rub some on your eyes in a circular motion and wipe off!

P.s.
An Albino Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...