Search This Blog

Friday, February 11, 2011

Second Tattoo

So I got my second tattoo today, my rats paw prints on my left hand

It was 75$ and only took 20 minutes.
I was nervous at first because it's been almost two years since my last tattoo and I had a hard time remembering how it felt.
I was relived when he started because it didn't hurt much.
The one on my wrist hurt the most because it felt like he was scraping bone.
They are in order:
Lucy's paw print is close to my knuckle, Curri's is the smeary one, and Melinda's is on my wrist.
I got them in the order that they passed away, and since Melinda is still with me she'll be the last of the three to pass on.

I brought in the sheets I made with their paw prints on them back in May of last year when I thought Lucy might have cancer and have to be put down.
I put a small dap of red ink from those washable ink pads and put it on their feet and placed them on the paper.
So Tim Beck (the artist) put all the little imperfections like the smears that the girls left on the paper around the print I chose for each one.

It turned out better than I had even expected, I am so happy with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...