Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

BLIZZARD take two

No school today either.
So i've been focusing on drawing, painting, writing etc.
Yesterday I watched Whip It and painted black stripes on my new white skates.
I really hope we just don't have school till next week, except that the lack of money is going to suck on my next check.
Floating around the internet earlier I came across this really great article dealing with eating healthy and playing derby.

Here are some rules she follows when she goes to the grocery store:

1. Don’t eat anything your great grandmother wouldn’t recognize as food.
2. Don’t eat anything with more than five ingredients (unless it’s a recipe you’re making from single-ingredient foods).
3. Stay out of the middle of the supermarket; shop on the perimeter of the store.
4. Don’t eat anything that won’t eventually rot–unless it’s honey, that miracle-food.
5. It is not just what you eat but how you eat. “Always leave the table a little hungry,” Pollan says. “Many cultures have rules that you stop eating before you are full. In Japan, they say eat until you are four-fifths full. Islamic culture has a similar rule, and in German cul
ture they say, ‘Tie off the sack before it’s full.’”
6. Enjoy meals with the people you love; try not to eat alone.
7. Don’t buy food where you buy your gasoline. In the U.S., 20% of food is eaten in the car.

Something else to think about

"I’d really encourage any of my derby ladies who feel like they need an objective measure of fitness growth to do one of two things: 1) Measure your progress by bodyfat percentage. You can have that measured professionally by fitness trainers who use the caliper or water displacement method. Or you can buy a relatively cheap bodyfat measuring scale, which can tell you with decent accuracy. 2) Get a Polar fitness watch, and measure your fitness index, which is keyed to a prediction of your vO2 max–a rating that measures how much oxygen your body can provide itself during physical stress."

I'm very interested in changing my overall diet to get the most physical energy possible.
I've been looking at new wheels, i'm very interested in getting a new pair of wheels (maybe for my birthday?!) that will help me develop stability and speed. I'm very stable but i've been on 88A Sugars since last May, so I want to develop stability without needing really grippy wheels.
I'm looking at Atom's.
93A-95A.
$50.00 for four.

However, I have Radar Tuners that came with my skates, but i'm nervous about trying them with my sugars. The Tuners I have are a 96A, I really want to try them though so I think I will after this coming Tuesday or maybe at practice.
Who knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...