Search This Blog

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Open Skate

School was rough.
I got 3hrs of sleep last night and had to get up at 5:30am, to catch the bus to go to work on campus by 8am.
My ribs were killing me, I think the cartilage might be screwed up somehow, i'm thinking of getting an X-ray just to make sure it isn't something to be worried about.
I got in and had five consultations in the morning from 8-10:30am.
Went to Asian History and then Comm 110 (i'm doing my informative speech on Roller Derby).
Went back to work from 3-4:30 and had two consultations, seven in all with one half hour of sit down time.

Alexis, Jordan, and me went to the open skate at the Palace tonight.
From 6:30-8:30, we left at 7:45pm. Alexis had to meet up with her husband to go to a friends house.
It was entertaining I got to work on some of my lateral movement around the other people skating, I scared some people when I swooped close to them.
Pixie was there and we messed around hip hitting one another lightly.
We had a few girls from Illinois Valley Vixens and one from Rockford Rage who showed up.
It was awesome to meet them!
Jordan and Alexis learned rather quickly how difficult skating for longer than a half hour is, I laughed and told them to imagine three hours worth of endurance including a scrimmage.

I had to make my hair appointment from 12:30 on the 26th, because the 25th is too busy.
Tomorrow I am going to Jo-Ann Fabrics to get fabric for my derby swap.
I'm excited for practice on Saturday 9-11am!

I found a really great article on motivation to start and stick with derby I love reading them, especially since almost a year ago I had ONLY skated once in my life at the age of six. So I clung to the wall and now i'm comfortable throwing my weight into other people while remaining upright and supporting myself on one leg. And hopefully i'll be drafted March first, a year after I started and it took me a little over 3 months to make hitting group.
So i'm all for just doing it and sticking with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...