Search This Blog

Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday-Back to School

After three snow days we're back in session.
Ah to be at home sleeping!

But, anyway, i've been having derby withdrawals.
I haven't had practice in over a week, because of the snow!
I'm determined to skate sometime soon!
Monday is our league meeting, which is great, except that we won't be skating.
I've been spending so much time looking at derby photos for blocking and jamming tips/posture and watching videos.
I've decided that Re-AnimateHer is probably my rolleridol, she is so awesome.
She plays for Grave Danger a team within the Rat City Rollergirls a well known flat track league in Seattle,WA.

*She's the one in the black and red, such a beautiful block.
I came across her on flickr when someone had a photo of her and a jamming related quote.
She said that you should never be coasting if you are jamming.
It felt like a revelation when I read that, the clouds parted and birds sang melodiously.

Now i've got a list of things I want to work on derby wise.
-Lateral movement (her lateral movement is beautiful, she leans her whole body into it gracefully without loosing balance)

-Toe Stop starts
-Turn around toe stops (I need to do it enough that it becomes second nature)
-Balance (I have good balance but I want to get really good balance. So i'm thinking of taking off my sugars and going in the opposite direction with slippery wheels.)
-Quick feet (This falls under lateral movement really)

These are my immediate concerns, really.
Here are some other derby related things, except these are items to buy!

$10.00


$15.00


$10.00

$10.99


I'd really like to get some derbyskinz, they run about $18.00 a piece.

Wheels:
(Once i've completed my above list, i'd like to try slimmer wheels. They are supposed to be good if you click a lot and agility, but, if your balance isn't epic you have a higher chance of falling over with the slightest hit.)

These are heartless.
mint green-90a
Yellow-92a
red-94a
white-96a

$49.99 for four (remember these?!)

$99.00 (white 94a)

$50.00 Four pack slim nylon hub

$135.00(holy shit) [the left one would be of my interest]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...