Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

One week

A week from today I am officially drafted to one of our three teams.
Hopefully i'm a polka-bot.
I started on a new painting yesterday, I should've worked on it much longer and gotten more done.
I also started cutting out fabric for my first present to my Roller Derby Swap partner, but I had some difficulties and had to put it away.
Today i'll be going to practice, like usual, only I can't scrimmage.
=[.
My side was acting up when I rolled out of bed this morning, so I took one of my muscle relaxers.

Alec and I decided yesterday that when we go on our Chicago trip here soon, we are going to show our portfolios to the SAIC administration.
Last October we went and we did another tour through SAIC, we were able to see some student work.
I'm going to find out more about deferred enrollment, because i'm thinking that if we apply for the fall 2011 and defer our enrollment to the fall 2012, then we are technically a shoe in.
Since we are going to ICC in fall 2011-spring 2012 and want to transfer in fall 2012.
Deferring the enrollment means we give up our aid for that year, and apply for aid again when we are enrolled for classes. However, our spot is still saved in the system.
But, the enrollment deadlines are June 1st for freshman and August 15th for transfer.
So we'll both need to get started on an enrollment essay:
"Use your written statement as a way to better represent yourself and your work.

Writing is a very important component of being an artist. We will be looking closely at your ability to compose an essay, as well as the manner in which you utilize text as a tool. We are interested in finding out more about you, why you do what you do, and why you are a strong candidate for SAIC's undergraduate program. Please also include information about community service projects, exhibitions you have participated in, or any other activities that contribute to the making of your work."-SAIC administraiton

I'm going to look at the Art History classrooms this time around, i'm still unsure what my second major is going to be. Which isn't a big deal since SAIC requires you to take art classes in many forms of art, and it all is considered a BFA.


We need:
*A HS transcript
* A College Transcript
*A portfolio 10-15works (within past two years)
*65$ for the application to be submitted.
*To fill out the Application
*Write the essay
*Submit FAFSA
*One letter of recommendation


Oh, and i've been asked to be interviewed for a newspaper in peoria regarding roller derby.
Pretty cool eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...