Search This Blog

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day Two-Sewing Adventures

I woke up and ended up going to Jo-Ann Fabrics on the way to my grandma's house.
Money is a little tight for me, since I had to take Curri to the vet, but I have a little.
I wanted to buy enough fabric for the three hoodies I did yesterday, and zippers. Some interfacing, new scissors and a seam ripper. I also wanted to get some deep gray fabric to make into spats.
However, I couldn't find an ATM nearby so I had to be frugal.
I bought just over two yards of this candy apple green I just love! It was at the end of the bolt, so I got some reduced pricing on the end of the fabric. 2.63 yards to be exact, the fabric was on sale for 30% off I believe it cost around 13$ with the two dollars off.

I bought this small seam ripper for 1.99, I just needed something usable, i'll invest in a better one once I need to.
And I bought a 20" zipper, I love metal teeth on zippers. If it doesn't fit I might have to take it back and get a longer one to complete the hoodie.


Here I go!

Without the sleeves, this is my before picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...