Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Beginner's Guide To Mediocrity


Try not to dream.
It's futile and you might as well
wish for the end of gravity.

Be part of the herd.
No one likes an original voice
Especially if it is louder than theirs.

Learn to live with irony and regret.
Everyone knows
it's all we have left.

Get used to your mortality.
It will eventually consume you
so why not pick up an addiction.

Don't bother getting out of bed.
The world is crowded enough
without you and your big ideas.
-"B is for Bad Poetry"

Alec and I went to my grandma's.
We stopped by Dunkin' Donuts and had some of their breakfast along with some coffee.
It was actually a really good deal, we got four sandwiches, two coffees, and two donuts for under 11$.
Practice last night was ROUGH, i'm nervous for my body after tonight's practice.
We've started making Monday's into core bootcamp for the first hour, and skating for the second.
The core bootcamp was really tough, my legs and stomach still ache. I nearly puked because I had hummus within an hour before practice.
Really bad idea to eat within 3 hours of roller derby practice, you will almost always feel sick in some way.

Did I mention that it is snowing? A lot, again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...