Search This Blog

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Pageant day

So I went to work from 12-5pm.
Read almost all of Specials.
Ate a lot of food.
Finished my Artist Statement, titles and pricing.
Had to go to the bathroom, I was on high side, so I had to call a manager to come down and watch for customers while I went.
The new temporary GM came down and I was like "Shit! She's going to find something for me to do!"
She did.
I had to soak and wash the entire front and back of the floors with Degreaser.
They looked a lot better, but it didn't last long because we had to walk on it while it was wet.
Alec came to work as I was leaving.
Andre was a few minutes late to relieve me.
I went to Quiznos after calling Randi and got some food.
Got dropped off about ten minutes after the openning number had started.
So I waited outside the doors.
I called Randi and she answered, whispering and then I tried again.
She came out after I got a txt saying "Check your txts".
Which is funny, I don't have texting but every once in a while one slips through.
She sent me five texts with directions to her location in the auditorium, I only got the one that told me to read the ones I didn't get.
Ouch?
Yes.
She came out and got me though.
We talked throughout the pageant.
About how we felt about their performance and stuff.
It was cool hanging out together.
There was an intermission after the talent portion.
We went and socialized, actually she socialized and I stood there.
Even though she mentioned me, I feel weird talking to people i'm unfamiliar with who are a lot older than me.
We went back and then after the Two princesses and the queen were crowned we went into the cafeteria space and I ran into Cassie.
Compeletely unexpectedly.
I met back up with Randi and we talked for a bit till we found my parents.

Overall.
It was a pretty successful day.
Randi is pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...