Search This Blog

Friday, August 14, 2009

MAP Art Openning!

We got at the guild around 1 something.
We helped to finish setting up and put labels on our works, as well as our statements.




I put my statement next to 'Fantasmagoria'.
We helped them set up food and drinks and then we let people in.
The mayor came and spoke about how wonderful our work was.
We had so many people come in and talk to Alec and I about our work.
Our mentors told us they were extremely proud and that it was the most conceptual MAP show they've seen in a long time.
Jerry really loved my 'Fantasmagoria' piece.
And he gave me a hug and told me he was proud.
I knew he liked me, even though I hit him in the head with a metal handle by accident the second day of class.
Whoops!
My dad and grandma came.
My mom came, eh.
We talked to Doug Leung[an artist] about our experience in MAP and he's going to post it on Youtube.
When we finished the openning and closed everything up.
We went to Erin's for an afterparty.
She bought six or seven medium Domino's pizza's.
Which was amazing.
We played Apples to Apples.
Listened to music and played with a pet rat, who was so cute.
I must have a rat.
I MUST!
Then some of the MAP-ers went out to play Buck Buck, and then Twister.
I got out of it since I was wearing a dress.
I held the video recorder the whole time.
We ate lots of ice cream with chocolate syrup and sprinkles.
Had some chocolate shots.
It was a lot of fun.
An old MAP kid came, she had the rats and brought us the ice cream and sprinkles.
She was also the one who shot chocolate into our mouths.
I got picked up from Alec's house around 12am.
Long day?
Yes, but totally worth it.

P.s.
Titles and prices.
'Fantasmagoria'-Mixed Media Screenprint- NFS
'Skull N Bones'- Plaster with keys- $20
'Attack!'- Plaster with Fists- $40
'Knight to E4'- Plaster with Chess pieces- $30
'Me, Myself, and I' -Pinhole self portraits- $90
'Shiny boots of leather'- Pinhole boots- $50
'Wonderland in Discord'-Clay- $200
'Lucky Strike'- Mixed Media on wood- Auction

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...