Search This Blog

Monday, July 27, 2009

MAP day Twenty three

We watched a documentary on Ray Johnson which lasted for an hour and a half.
Which I found kind of interesting, his rabbit heads and collaging, and the fact that he was good friends with Warhol and Liechtenstein.
We broke for lunch and got Jimmy Johns.
William came and talked to us about our artist statements and then we had to brainstorm about them and talk to him individually and he gave feedback.
He told me i'd like Pop Surrealism.
I'll look that up here soon.
Then he talked to us briefly about pricing and titles.
I don't have prices or titles for any of my stuff.
Oops.

My statement thus far:
When I first begin a work of art it comes to me as a vague idea or dream. Upon recieving this information I write down words to describe or reflect the idea or a fragmented description of the dream. After I have written all I can, I create a piece of visual art reflecting the idea or dream which might have evolved tremendousl since the subconscious creation.
Within my art I demonsrate a strong dualistic and surreal quality in my work. I take viewers to situations or places they may not want to feel or experience, I blend beauty and innocence with grotesque or impure imagry. A good example of this is my ceramic pitcher currently on display, the form was created with a heavy George Ohr influence. I molded the rabbit heads to place around the base and spout of the piece and glazed them to look eerie or frightenning up close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...