Search This Blog

Thursday, July 9, 2009

MAP day Thirteen

I woke up late again today.
We got to MAP and had our critique.
My critique lasted the longest with the most criticism, which I understand.
The forms I love the idea of making in clay are very precise in the sense that they are meant to look disfigured and not like an accident or poor craftsmanship.
So I understand.
The term funk art was mentioned in respect to my piece as well.
After we finished we worked on our pieces for an hour and then went to lunch.
Alec and I got Jimmy Johns.
Then we met up to go visit three artist studios.
We visited a woman named Steph Van Boren and she makes eco-art.
She's me when i'm old.
She's kooky, she considers painting to be very physical, she makes art stuffed with recycled materials and deconstructs and reconstructs all her art to make more art.
She's pagan.
She has tattoos and a few ear percings and spikey hair.
Yes.
She is me when I am older.
She gave us all little pillow she made stuffed with trashbags.
Then we saw a couple, and they were fairly interesting, they were making a cardboard box chair.
They video taped us too.
AND I figured out my Modular Progression shape.
Then we saw Jerry, our clay mentor's studio.
He had some really wonderful raku fired pieces.
Then we watched some Art 21 in regard to a photographer and a film maker.
And we stayed after for about an hour and a half working on our pieces.
Then I went to Alec's house until 10:30pm.
Life is Goood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...