Search This Blog

Friday, July 10, 2009

MAP day Fourteen

I woke up a little after 7:30am because Alec's grandma called my cell phone to ask if she had to take us to MAP this morning, and then proceeded to tell me she'd be by to pick me up no later than 8:10am.
When we got to PAG it was severely cloudy and humid outside.
Our day began with chemical mixing for developer, fixer, stopper, and fixer remover [I think].
I washed out the basins we put the chemicals in and she wrote the times to leave the photographs in the chemical on a strip of off white tape on the rim of the big sink [that lacked plumbing].
We watched a few slides of pin hold photographs other MAP kids took as well as our mentor Ann.
Afterward, we chose a homemade pin hole camera each and she gave us sheets regarding how to make our OWN pin hole camera.
She taught us how to cut and place the light sensitive paper inside of the container and released us.
I took four photos before lunch, they didn't count toward our 15 sheets max deal we have at PAG.
I didn't like them really, Alec didn't get anything to turn out until after lunch.
It was raining before lunch, so our exposure times were longer and it was harder to keep it still.
After lunch I took two photos that we're really black, it was sunny after lunch and I kept the first exposed for 2minutes, the second for 15 seconds.
The third I took right before we cleaned up so it's still in the container un-developed.
I'm going to buy photo paper this weekend and make my own pin hole camera, or two.
I REALLY love this process of not knowing what it will look like.
The developed photos are the negatives and she showed us how to make a positive.
I love photography.
I think this is going to be one of my favorite pass times.
Oh yes.
We had tacos for lunch and tacos after MAP.
Lots o' tacos.
Tomorrow i'm going to my grandma's house after I finish my clay piece at PAG.
Also, my second photograph I took was of railroad tracks and after we we're done [me, alec and mac] we were stopped by five police cars asking us what we were doing, if we broke parking meeters [wtf?] to steal change and how our cameras worked.
It was so strange.
I wish we could've demonstrated for them though, by taking their photos.

P.s.
I work.
Sunday:
11am-6pm
Monday:
7pm-11:30pm
Tuesday: Harry potter premier
10pm-1am
Thursday:
7:00-11:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...