Search This Blog

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Tattoos

SO, yesterday Roxie told me she was heading up to plainfield, IL to go to The Constable Tattoo parlor. This is a parlor owned by the guy who tattooed Alice on my arm! So I jumped on the wagon and was like "I've been wanting to get something done for a while now, I just don't know what it is yet!". I've been waiting for the opportunity to arise so that my idea would come to me. And it has! I've been drawing out my chest piece, which will be amazing!
I've also come up with all the meaning within the last 24hours. I'm so excited about it.
I've got two rabbit silhouettes, both representing patience and the ability to be aware of your own needs. With vine-like filigree coming out of the circle in the middle. The vines represent this idea of femininity within myself, but a unique femininity. The circle will be in the center of my chest, with an owl inside and something else(a branch?). Now the circle represents my inner self. Most concepts of the soul say it exists in the chest near the heart, so my idea is that the things on the outside will represent real parts of myself, reminders of how beautiful I am as a person; and if you tore me open spiritually what would you find? An owl, because the owl is my within totem, which is the protector of your personal sacred place. So I am going to have the circle represent my inner space. Then how nature based it is represents my natural affinity with nature.

This is a reminder to me for who I really am, that I have a sacred place, and also of this point of growth in my life. It will be black and white predominantly, i'm not sure if there is any color involved yet, or not.

Thoughts??
I'll post photos when i'm finished with the sketch.

<3<3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...