Search This Blog

Sunday, May 29, 2011

College-What's my plan?

Well, this summer i'm hopefully going to be studying at the School of the Art Institute for six weeks in Chicago, living in the dorm.
Upon my return I will need to find another job, either on campus or a transferrable job (borders, goodwill, JoAnns etc. Places that have locations in Chicago).
I will be saving all of my grant money for when I move to Chicago sometime next year.
I will apply to SAIC and upon being accepted, I will defer my enrollment for one semester or one year. This will hold my spot in the schools system, without forcing me right into school. This gives me time to get settled in Chicago prior to starting my studies.
The money I saved will be my savings buffer while I live there.
This way if something happens with my academics I have a place to live in the area.
It will have to be a really small studio apartment, i'm sure.

Now, what's good about this plan is that I can tailor it if I end up moving out of state.
The biggest difference in those two plans is the urgency of a car.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...