Search This Blog

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Loans and 16mm Cameras

So, my loan didn't get accepted because my dad has bad credit. Boo.
So now, i'm having my mom call my grandpa again and see if he'll take out a loan for me. He has really good credit.
I am also considering that if the company will let him take out a loan of an undetermined amount, then i'll only take one class at SAIC this summer. So that'd be like 3.5k instead of the 6.9k right now. I called and my housing is all set up. So I really hope my grandpa can/will do this for me, since it is a smaller amount and he knows i'd be paying it back.
Then i'd also be cancelling my two train tickets and getting money back from that, which is good.
I really don't want to be away from Melinda for six weeks, I really don't.
Rats get depressed really easily without socialization, and since she's still alone I don't want that to happen.
I originally enrolled in another class because student loans ask that you be "half-time" or 6hours in the summer and 9 in the fall. But if he can get a loan without me having to be "half-time" then I'll drop.
That's the status of my classes this summer.
Plus, if I only do 3 weeks i'll be getting more money this summer(not much, but a little).

I also contacted Dave, one of my friends, he's married to Carey, one of my other friends.
They have been through school and what not, so they are older than me by a bit.
Well Dave studied at Columbia in Chicago for film, and I asked him if he knew how to do stop motion.
I've been interested in it for quite a while and i've been looking at video cameras and the like.
Well he has an 16mm Bolex Camera, which is one of the cameras you can only use for stop motion (stop motion is really tricky that way, i've come to find), and some rolls of film he's willing to give me!!
How great is that!!

P.s. I have this--v
*Zombified Uncle Sam with the phrase "I want you" and "Dead" written in dripply blood over the recruitment office*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...