Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Uncanny love of bones?

So, it would seem that over the years.Actually since I was a small child, i've had a love of bones. As I get older it just gets worse, for years I loved looking at them and then collecting them ,now wearing them. I remember when I was 10 my grandma would save the bones we ate and put them in a bag for me. Because she knew I loved them. I can't help it, I think it goes along with the whole love of dead things. In a non-necrophiliac kind of way. I just can't get enough of animal bones or bones period. I love them, I love how they can be worn glamorously and then still be eerie at the same time. As a reminder of your own mortality, memento mori. I want that tattooed somewhere.
Anyway, my quest is to get a bunch of bones and make a bunch of accessories and attach them to things. Like my leather jacket I am still customizing. I still have that same issue as with the taxidermy thing, where I have to find out how the seller obtained the bones. I've asked as many as i've found and they all get them from natural or roadkill death. So that makes me feel better.I dunno why I love them for sure. But what I do know, is that I am getting these bones.

MMMMMM Bones...


$15.00


$18.00


$18.00 (buffalo teeth)


$70.00


$18.00


$70.00


$18.00


$30.00 (Teeth)



Currently listening to:
The sisters of mercy-Burn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...