Search This Blog

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Taxidermy

I'm not sure why but I really like small taxidermy animals. In vials and things of that nature. I feel awful because I don't know how or why they died, and I wouldn't have anything to do with it if it was purposely killed to fit in a jar. But if it died naturally, then I don't really see a problem. I think it's because I think you should reuse things, and by reusing a dead carcass(without that awful rotting fume) your extending it's "life" or showing it respect. Obviously not if the animal was alive and you kill it for it's bones or organs, I don't really agree with that. I can't say much since I do eat meat(i'm working on switching to free-range), but I don't believe a living creature should be killed and then all it has to offer is discarded. I believe in using the whole creature if you kill it or what have you. It's showing respect to that animal. I know that probably sounds odd to many people, but thats one of the reasons why I wear real bones. I wear bones I have found discarded in the woods(if they are too big I keep them and use them as decoration) and ones that I have personally eaten from or someone i'm familiar with(not that persons bones. But bones from which they have eaten). But maybe thats why i'm attracted to taxidermy, that and my love for anything macabre and dead.
But i'm still unsure how I feel about taxidermy necklaces, on one hand I love them and on my other I don't want to directly support the unnecessary killing of animals for display.

I wonder about myself sometimes.






P.S. My birthday is tomorrow.

Yay! I asked the girl who sells them where she acquires them and she acquires them from a scientist who finds them from natural or road-kill-death.
Phew. Now I don't have to feel so bad about wanting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...