Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Tattoo ideas

I've lost count of how many times i've made posts about tattoo ideas, but here is another!
One can never have too many ideas.
In case if you weren't aware, i've got two tattoos as of right now with an appointment for September 17th @ 12pm, for my chest piece.


Well, i'm going to be making an appointment to get Edgar Allen Poe's signature diagonally on my right ankle going from right to left. And on the same day i'll be getting Tim Burton's sketch of Edward Scissorhands on the inside of my right forearm, his feet will be to my wrist.
I'm thinking sometime over winter vacation so probably in December or January.


I'm anticipating my next tattoo after those two (i'm always looking so far ahead with these sorta of things) will be something literary.
I'm looking at something from an old horror story.


But, i've always loved this quote from The Fountain(2006),

"Our bodies are prisons for our souls. Our skin and blood, the iron bars of confinement. But fear not. All flesh decays. Death turns all to ash. And thus, death frees every soul."
But, if I were to get it as a tattoo, i'd probably stick with the last bit.
There is also a conversation that takes place within the same film between the two main characters and she is explaining to him the Mayan creation myth, and she says:
"That idea. Death as an act of creation."
I think something with this idea would be a great tattoo as well.
Maybe i'll brainstorm a sketch.


So yeah!
Thoughts?
Tattoos to share?
Any sort of tattoo awesomeness?!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...