Search This Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Body World and the Slaughterhouse!

So yesterday I spent the day in Chicago,IL with my friend Roxie(from home) and we met up with Skellen.
First stop was the Body World exhibit inside of the Museum of Science and Technology, for 27$ each. There was an awesome Giraffe in the lobby, which I took photos of and did some sketches. I couldn't take any photos inside of the exhibit, unfortunately, they even yelled at me for trying to text skellen to meet up with us! I did however get a lot of really great reference sketches and a book filled with information about muscles and bones. Let me know if you want to see them!
We found a place called "The Boring Store", so we had to go inside.
It was a spy store!
Which was really awesome, full of cameras and hollow containers of dog food to store things.
They had a few things that I would love to get once I have my own place.
Like a knife sharpener that was in the shape of a man inside of a box, like the magic trick when you saw them in half.
Another was bacon flavored tooth paste, and salt and shaker pants.
So much love!
Then we had wonderful smoothies at Osaka, which is this little Asian eatery that sells sushi and smoothies at a corner store.
Then I passed out because I was up for well over 24hours without crashing, but ingesting a lot of coffee at 6:30am helped.
Then today I had to stop by the slaughterhouse to get some reference photos.
The little couple that owned it were really nice to me, and one of them served as my guide.
He was asking me questions about school, whether or not I had enough light, if he needed to move any of the meat for me to get a better view.
He then asked if they were going to get to see any of the paintings I make, and I said sure!
So I think that I may give them a small ink drawing reprint the next time I stop by, which I told them I would be stopping by before the end of the year for more reference.
Which leads me to something else I wanted to mention!
I am poor, I am so poor it isn't even funny anymore.
I am starting to realize that I actually have to have a budget of sorts especially since i'm trying to move next summer to the East Coast.
I need to have art money, I can't make art without media, and since i'm trying to get to a point where i'm selling enough work that I don't need a 9-5 job all the time.
I need to get started!
SO, i'm trying to figure out how to get more money coming in, especially considering that a second job isn't really an option, because i'm only available on the weekends; due to my school schedule.
So, i'm trying to get my etsy shop up and running, then I can start making more ink work and smaller paintings to sell. With the ink work, I can start out going to Staples or Kinko's and making prints of my work.
I'm also toying around with the idea of offering give-a-ways on my blog as a way to get my work out there and my etsy shop.
I should get this all up and running by the end of September so I can do something halloween oriented!
Yes, this will be my plan!
Also!
Just outside of Creve Coeur near East Peoria there is a powder blue hearse a man is selling for 3,200 or best offer.
So I took down the number and am going to call him tomorrow concerning mileage, gas mileage, if there is anything wrong etc.
I'd LOVE to own it as my first car.
But, i'd have to see if I could bring it down a little bit and depending on my income both through my tutoring position and etsy, determines whether it is an option considering the savings for moving away.
BUT having a hearse would be badass.
Obligatory photo of a hearse








P.s.
I want to own this, immediately!
$62.00 Striped Jumper!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...