Search This Blog

Monday, March 29, 2010

Roller Derby Practice

So lately we've been doing a LOT of endurance and we had an assessment yesterday.
I got 2:46 or something for 10 laps around the track, it sounds bad, but I did the math and I met my goal for the 5 laps which was around 1:20.
I am getting more comfortable on skates, except yesterday I felt like a n00b again, I couldn't find where I normally set my weight when I skate so I was unstable.
Bad day to be unstable when your being assessed on how stable you are, for a hitting group next week.
I figured out I skate faster when in derby stance than standing up!
I think that is a good thing.
We did more pack skating and I got compliments from Jessica and Kimberly saying that they noticed i've gotten a lot better.
Which is good to hear.
I can't go to practice tomorrow, i'm a model for a portrait class tomorrow (they are drawing my face in case you were confused, like my step dad, and thought they were drawing me nude. WTF?}. Because I get 30$ to sit there from 6-9 while they draw me and I need the money for dues, because I get paid after dues are due so i'll owe them around 20 when I get paid.
We played capture the flag today, on skates, and I accidentally hit two girls in the boob to tag them.
Oops!
I've been really busy lately.
Trying to make more art and finding a new job.
I've got an interview Thursday at 3pm, and i'm applying for a writing job at ICC for the fall.
April is going to be REALLY busy for me.
Alec and I celebrate our THIRD YEAR together April 13th, not too far away!!
We had two girls from Quad Cities come and practice with us: Go Go Berserk and Elizadeath, they were awesome to watch!

I LOVE ROLLER DERBY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...