Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

MAP day Seven

So I woke up at 7:45am because my mom has been calling at 7:10am, when I don't NEED to be woken up until 7:30am.
*sigh*I wore a new summer hoodie with green zebra print today.
I boought a bunch of new clothes a few Saturday's ago.
Sometime i'll show it all to you.
We finished our marquettes and then began our final project.
I finished the base and the neck today.
I was so surprised that I learned more with Jerry [the clay mentor] than I did with any other clay teacher. I actually feel slightly confident about wheel thrown pieces.
He made most of my base though, but hey.
Whatever I guess?
I need to finish smoothing out the neck, creating the spout, seven rabbit heads, a handle and design work.
It'll go a lot faster than it sounds.
I'm hoping to have most of it done by this Thursday, since we don't have class at ALL Friday.
Alec and I might go on a camping trip with some work friends this weekend, to like Minnesota?!
Apparently we are allowed to stay after MAP until 6pm and come on Saturdays to work on our pieces.
So, I want to try to get two clay pieces finished for my show.
I might incorporate rabbits into the second one, so it flows together.
I finished typing my Scholarship thank you letter and am going to try to send it when I leave the library in 15minutes.
I need to figure out the form for my Modular Progression, my present ideas are either a series of circles or a really scratchy tree.
Maybe, I should find an organic shape.
Hmmm...
Anyhow.
The news is coming to MAP tomorrow to interview one of the apprentices and then check out all our work.
It's really interesting.
We ate at Jimmy Johns again, Oh so goood.
And I work tonight at 9pm-1am.
I just realized i'm overly ambitious, oh well.
It's not always a bad thing.

P.s.
I checked out three books from the library yesterday.
Uglies
Life as we knew it
The Empty Mirror

All due back the 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...