Search This Blog

Monday, June 22, 2009

First Day at MAP

We woke up at 7:30am and began getting ready for our first day at MAP.
We left a little after 8:20am and got there a few minutes before 9am, I rang the doorbell but nobody answered so we had to wait a couple of minutes to get inside.
We went around and said our name and something we hoped to gain from MAP, then we played an "ice breaker" game, which was pictionary with drawing and clay, we had three rounds.
Then I sat next to Alec and we began our design project, we had to cut pieces of yarn and dip them in ink then swirl them around on a piece of paper almost like an ink blot.
Once we were finished we had to make at least ten thumbnail sketches of certain areas of interest from our inkblot that we found using a view finder.
I made thirteen.
We then had to scratch graphite onto the back of the blown up sketch and trace it four times onto different illustration boards.
Two boards were paint [B&W and Color], the other was cut out paper [B&W and color].
I finished most of my B&W painting, I was going to begin my color painting but they wanted me to clean up.
I was the first one finished.
We ate our lunch at the Gazebo by the river front and I talked to a girl whose name I cannot pronounce.
She was cool.
Brad picked us up and told me I might be able to come home today.
They called at 7 something and told me they'd be by to pick me up.
I kind of wanted to stay another night with Alec though.
*sigh*
They picked me up at 10:30 something, which didn't make me very happy at all.
So i've only been home for about an hour give or take.
I need sleep.
Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...