Search This Blog

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Propaganda

So, I think this could be my slight hatred or disagreement of/with the government along with my love of macabre and disaster, that causes me to absolutely love anything propaganda oriented that was originally dealing with the government or struggle. Like say political cartoons, shirts(merchandise), flyers, Television programs, banned cartoons etc. during times of past national crisis ex.Vietnam,WWI,WWII etc. Part of it is influenced by my strange knowledge of American history and the other would be how much I disagree with much of the American Government as of late. I believe that American Society in the beginning was a good idea, it was genuine and then something happened. I do believe George Washington had the right idea when he turned down the presidency the first couple times. Although I do understand our need for a government we couldn't function for a long period of time without chaos if we didn't have the government. But I do think that our society is going to hell and a hand basket, more so as of recent. Because of the fact that I don't agree with most of what the government has done and i'm an opinionated person. I love anything to do with social or political activism. I love things that remind people of times of struggle, like propaganda and I adore owning objects with these reminders. I think partly because I find the way society deals in hardship to be interesting, I think to some extent it's frightening how quick people are to blame others or turn on them in these times. The darkest times of society, the times which American society wishes to forget.

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...