Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It's Designer

So I do like certain designer items. Mostly the runway clothing, not the pret-a-porter. I love runway clothing when it's really abstract and creative, even better if it has a Halloween or dark undertone. I'm not big on purses, however I do like a couple Dior purses and Prada shoes. I think one of the reasons I like designers is because i'm an aspiring Fashion Designer. Not the same, I would love to do runway or become a Haute Couture designer and I could give them a different view fashionably. I think that many should stop trying to make alternative clothing, because they take it too seriously. They forget to have fun and create something that either looks horrific or it looks cool but like something is off or missing at the same time.
However, i'm going to be happy just getting a business up and running and having pret-a-porter as well as custom couture. I'm not one of those girls who loves all things designer and cannot leave the house without being decked out in everything designer(or knock off) they own. I admire their work, but I don't own any of their things. I love making my own clothes and finding quality online stores, I think that if I was given the opportunity to buy an item and it was one I could honestly see myself using, and not just sitting in my closet. I'd get it, but otherwise i'll just admire them from afar.
People are usually very surprised when I know a thing or two about designers and knock offs. I kind of have to know if I wish to be an accomplished designer, you cannot go into the field without knowing what people before you have done and where they stand. Knowing what has been done and hasn't, and knowing if you have the capacity to make it in such a demanding field.

Keep your friends close, your enemies closer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...