Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Cure

So, I went to see 'The Cure' last Saturday in Rosemont, IL. We got there at around 5 or so, we didn't fully get on the road till after 2 and then they got lost near Chicago. My two friends and I had the joys of being first in line in front of the All State Theater, huge venue and the airplanes are a bit scary at first. However, we saw some interesting people there inside and in line. There was a couple who reminded me of Monica and William:



I found that to be quite intriguing. It didn't take long for the pitter patter of rain to start so quite a few people with multicolored semi-permanent hair and long dresses fled to the indoors of a bank across the street. This couple however was not one of them, they stood there. She wore a suit, obviously female with asymmetrical poofy hair and sunglasses, and him in a black velvet jacket with a white poet shirt and black spiky hair, with winklepickers I was tempted to steal from off his feet. I'm sure they wouldn't have fit though.
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
I was talking to one of my friends and we were hoping after seeing a couple girls in hot topic wear and caked on black lipstick, minus one pre-teen girl who had jean booty shorts with thigh high fishnets and a black jacket, a halter top under it and with long straight brown hair.(I'm not sure why her parents let her out of the house).
That there wouldn't be many more coming, that it may not be flooded with Hot Topic kids and Scene kids. We were fairly wrong, quite a few of them showed up close to the beginning of the show. Half way through the opening band I decided to go to the merchandise stand to obtain a band shirt, the women behind me was talking into her phone and apparently didn't remember the name of the band she was here for. I contemplated whether or not she was on something, she probably was, definitely. I went back upstairs and sat down for the next 3 hours as The Cure played. It was brilliant, I loved it. As my friends and I were leaving and chatting about Joy Division(I wore my 'Love will tear us apart' shirt) and the recent show. A drunk middle-aged Blond women came up to me, crying and started singing "Love will tear us apart" to me and then asked me how I liked the show. I responded that I greatly enjoyed it and found it to be one of the best, she said it was more emotional than childbirth and continued to tell me about how she had natural childbirth and told me all about her pregnancy. Her husband came and towed her away saying he was sorry. I found it to be hilarious, especially since it was only 11:25 and the women was totally gone. I spent the rest of the night in a cramped backseat clutching a tuberware box of homemade brownies and sleeping. We didn't get back home till 3:45am.
It was a day well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...