Search This Blog

Friday, September 9, 2011

Goth Community: Day 10-What do you hate and love about the subculture?

When it comes to the Goth co-culture what I love, apart from almost everything, is how creative it is. As an artist I love creativity, and that being a part of this allows me creative freedom with my apparel. But that also, it allows me to find a place that accepts the macabre, and the morbid, two very influential things for me in life, and in my art. I find it so exciting.

What I hate about the Goth co-culture: people who try too hard. This is kind of a difficult one, because my response is really broad. I dislike people who think that the only Goths in the world are the ones who won't leave the house without a corset, a bustle skirt, and cake white make up. I don't like how demanding those individuals are, as though Goth fits into one small perception of people who have to look "extreme" or "dress up" all the time or they suddenly aren't Goth anymore. As though Goth is something that only defines you when you are clothed, otherwise you couldn't possibly be as Goth as them, or at all even.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...