Search This Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Chicago Trip

We ate at this awesome corner bakery in Chicago.
We had our tour, which was great, as it was the last few times we've been there.
We had our portfolio reviews, which was a wonderful situation.
I was told to narrow down my portfolio and concentrate more on my paintings because my painting style isn't traditional, where as my drawing style is currently more traditional.
SAIC is much more concerned with concept and idea that technical ability, they want to see creativity.
I was told that if I narrow it down my portfolio will be really competitive for the merit scholarship when/if I transfer.
She really loved my paintings and my line work.
Aaand she said she'd accept me for enrollment right then, which was also really good news.

So over summer i'm going to be making an entirely new portfolio.
I bought a book about Kathe Kollwitz and we saw some of the new Art Institute displays (Chagall's Windows etc.)
We also stopped by Utretcht.
It was a really fun trip aside from the cold, damp, fog.
It rained on the way home.

I'm considering not enrolling at ICC in the spring and working at the studio and michaels instead. I've gotten all my Gen Ed's from ICC and math isn't transferrable so i'm obviously not going to put myself through the pain of taking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...