Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Busy Busy

So, last week, this week and the next week are insane for me.
I have so much to get done.
I have my portfolio review this week, so my art trip!
I purchased a new "design" table, similar to a drafting table with a moveable table head (it can be set up to a 45 degree angle for drawing). This past sunday.
I needed a drawing table, i've been using random bits of old shelving as a flat surface to draw on.

I also got the chance to email MIAD about their transfer credits, which resolves me again to choose to not get an associates.
An associates only makes sense if you are going into a school that isn't specialized, like an art school. So back when we were thinking a state school, an associates made sense, but it doesn't anymore.

B team is facing the Missfits All Stars this coming Saturday, we have a carbo load party on Friday the 8th. I'm excited.
I've gotten enrolled in my fall classes and I know my summer work schedule.
Summer:
MW- 8-12 Studio
THFSu- 9-2 Michaels.

My goal is to make 30 portfolio pieces or more starting with these two paintings i've started till Fall starts in late August.

Fall:
MW: Phil 110, Photo 1
TR: Painting Practicum (no credit)
F: Phil 110, Comp 245(a class for work at the studio)

I'm excited to have a laid back year for academics starting after this spring.
I've taken everything that is considered to be a transferrable gen ed (Communications, English, etc.), so I can take relaxing classes. Well relaxing as in not as stressful as tests every two weeks, speeches, etc. Especially since I need to focus on transferring Fall 2012.
Next week Wednesday is the beginning of Juried Art Show acceptances, till Friday.
I'm hoping to enter 2-3 pieces, max is four.
The Juried Art Show is an annual art show that ICC holds where they bring in an art juror from somewhere in the state and he or she judges whether or not our work is what should be in the show and whether we win any awards.
Then Alec and I ALSO have our FOUR YEAR next wednesday!
Which is going to be awesome!
I finished up Writing Fellows a couple of hours ago.
Aaand I had an Asian History test this past morning and my Communication 110 test at 3:15.

*Unrelated*
Being Human's season finale is next Monday.
I Am SUPER Excited about this!
Alec and I have started watching the BBC Being Human, and we realized how condensed it was! The first episode equated to the first four or five of the American Version
It was good to watch, although it was more hilarious than the American Version.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...