Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day 2

I have finished my book " The Sweet Far Thing" by: Libba Bray.
I really loved the Great and Terrible Beauty series (the book I finished was the third and final book).


It has to do with an English girl who grew up in India, it starts out with her mother dying and how it intertwines her destiny and this guy she grew to love. She goes to a Debutante Academy in England, that it turns out her mom went to, she discovers all this magic she has and that she's the only one who can wield it. And it just progresses in each novel, it is written really well and takes place in the late 18th century.
It dosen't have a happy ever after ending, just warning you if you try to read it. I don't generally read books that have 'Happily ever after' endings, but yet I can't stop myself from hoping while reading it that somehow the story changes and they end up together. Or that the main character dosen't die and leave her soulmate there in the normal world, alone. But, I find that if I do read a story that has a happy ever after type of ending. It irks me. I imagine it's because i'm attracted to reality in a sense, realistic love tales. Tales where one dies, where they find each other through lives but can't be together, where one leaves the other, where one dies unexpectedly and the other lives with the grief. The complexities of the Human enigma. I dare say.
I imagine I enjoy it, it's because I find the tragedy of it all to be thrilling in a way.
After all people try to hide their darkest secrets, people die, and your not really as safe as you think you are. But we hold the illusion over ourselves just the same. That we are normal, that we are safe and nothing bad will ever happen. But they don't know that for certain, and yet they take the illusion of it all for a form of truth. And when something bad happens, they can't fathom why. Because the world is a horrible place, the world is filled with illusion, lies, death and poverty. And you have nobody to blame but yourselves. But it is also filled with a striking beauty, and thats the tragedy of it all. That there can be beauty in what seems to be horrific.

That in the darkest parts of your soul is where you truly feel the most alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...