Search This Blog

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Mid state 6

Well, I had to get up at 6:30am to go to Alec's house.
We slept until 8am, when his mom came barreling into his room telling him he had to get up to go help out his church.
He brought back pizza around 11am and then he took a nap, so I played my DS until 1:30pm.
Then I napped too, and we slept until 5pm and then we rode downtown to go to Midstate 6, an art show Alec won first place in 3D.
I talked to Erin, and asked her what she saw in me, since Mr.Goessman doesn't seem fond of me.
And she said my growth, my enthusiasm, my drive and my willingness to get better. She actually extended MAP from being only 11 candidates this year to 12 so she could accept me too. She said that I seemed to need a boost but that I have potential to become better and she resonates with that because she was like that when she was younger. And it only got better once she went to art school and was exposed to people of different levels all with a passion for art, and something just clicked with her and she was able to make better art, she thinks this will happen to me.
She also mentioned that Mr. Goessman has a tendency to become too absorbed with the obviously talented artists and overlooks the people with potential to become really great.
She made me feel a bit better.
I feel kind of like I don't belong with MAP since she had to make accommodations for me.
But, i'm in and i'm going to rock it while i'm there, regardless of how Mr. Goessman feels about me.
He can suck my big toe for all I care!
D:<>


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...