Search This Blog

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Thirteen reasons why

So, I finished Ghostgirl the day after I started it.
And I have since started and finished Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher

It's about a girl who commits suicide but before hand, she makes thirteen audio recordings.
Each one dealing with a memory and a person that was partly responsible for her slipping away.
After each one hears the story about themselves from her, they have to mail it to the next person mentioned in the recordings or a second set of them will be exposed to the whole city.
The guy whose got them in the novel is the 9th person.
It's a really good novel.
Sad. But good.

So the next book i'm reading is,

Tokyo prostitutes Yuriko and Kazue have been brutally murdered, their deaths leaving a wake of unanswered questions about who they were, who their murderer is, and how their lives came to this end. As their stories unfurl in an ingeniously layered narrative, coolly mediated by Yuriko's older sister, we are taken back to their time in a prestigious girls' high school-where a strict social hierarchy decided their fates-and follow them through the years as they struggle against rigid societal conventions.
Thats that.

Alec woke me up this morning because he needed to borrow some of our spices for his friends birthday party, he's making them food.
So he woke me up by letting me borrow Doomsday, giving me a holographic 3-D Nightmare Before Christmas poster and giving me kisses.
:D.
So that was very awesome.
He's hopefully coming over tomorrow.
Then, I absorbed something in the midst of my trying more self help.
So I feel like crap right now.
Maybe partly why I feel like crap, is because it's the first Sunday without my Grandpa.
I'm happy he at least got the heart transplant in 1990, because otherwise.
I never would've known him.
Oi.
I feel like sulking and beating someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...