Search This Blog

Monday, October 10, 2011

Non-Post: Rat Passing

So my eldest rat Melinda passed away this afternoon.
I had to take her in to the vet, it was a really emotional situation for me.
I love my rats more than most things in life, and to have to put one to sleep is always upsetting.
But Melinda lived to be 2.5-2.7, she was five to eight months when I rescued her from a shelter breeder in Chicago,IL, back November 1st, 2009.
Which is where I got my pod of three female rats, all of which have now passed away.
I have my memorial tattoo on my left hand for them, and now it is a complete memorial.
I got it on my left hand, because back when they were all alive, I put washable ink on their paws and let them loose on paper in a box.
Well, Lucy, my little old lady out of the three, didn't give me a single usable paw print for a tattoo. However, when she saw my hand she reached out to climb up, and placed a perfect print on the meaty part of my left thumb.
Therefore, I decided what better placement than one my rats chose?
I am incredibly sad to see her go though.
She was my familiar to the fullest extent.
She'd even listen to me, when i'd send her signals after she lost her eyesight.
She placed a lot of trust in me.
Sunday i'm burying her with the other two out at my grandma's.
Once the frost is over, i'm going to plant flowers around all three of them.


R.I.P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...