Search This Blog

Friday, October 28, 2011

Goth Community: Rocky Horror Picture Show

Update: I have not fallen off the face of the Earth entirely.
So, lately I have been unable to tell you guys a lot of the great things that have been occurring due to an appalling lack of time. However, i'll expand on this in a separate post but I wanted to mention it briefly - so I was accepted into SAIC's fine art program, after my review last week. He told me that if I apply for Spring that he believes I can qualify for one of the higher scholarships they offer (they range from 2,000 to full tuition). Now, I also went back to Chicago for National Portfolio Day, and spoke with both a representative from SMFA and CalArts - both want me to apply and the representatives from both told me my work excited them and they'd like to see more. Therefore, i'm applying to both SAIC and SMFA for spring enrollment, hence my lack of attention to you guys, because the SAIC application is due in full on Tuesday. Aaand, I also was originally planning on leaving for art school in the Fall, not the spring, so this is quite a bit sooner than I had anticipated. I may be moving away in January instead of August.

Today, is Friday and the beginning of the Rocky Horror Madness that takes place around Halloween. There is a Rocky Horror Showing tonight at ISU, Illinois State University, that begins at around 7 I think. But, i'm going to the largest one around here, held at Peoria Players Theater, just off of University and Lake. 16$ for admissions, and tons and tons of people dressed up ready to have a blast at midnight. I am one of those people this year.
Now, keep in mind, i've been dying to go to the RHPS since I was thirteen, and until this year i'd never been. It was an absolute blast! And one thing that made everything much easier, was that I had enough Rocky worthy clothing to cover multiple peoples. Therefore, my friend and I were set.
I wore a bat corset, with a lacy tank under it, a waist cincher under it all.
A short A line skirt above my knees, a pair of ripped fishnets, and my victorian button boots.
I'll have to put the whole thing on again, and take a photo for the effect.
We were running late, so I didn't get a photo of me or of the production itself.
I did however, sing along with the strange man sitting next to me wearing a pink feather boa, to every word.
I want to go again tomorrow!
I also told my friend we'd work on the time warp, she had issues doing it in heels on top of rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...