Search This Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2010

The Walking Dead

I've been watching The Walking Dead since it aired on Halloween, it is a television series about a zombie outbreak, the apocalypse and all that jazz.

They premiered one of the most action packed episode tonight: people left, people died, they relocated etc. a lot of really important events happened.
Aires every Sunday @ 9pm (CST), but it shows again @ 10pm.

I'm also going to comment on another Tv series Mary Shelley's Frankenhole, a stop motion series on adultswim made with paper puppets. I'm going to comment on this for a few reasons: 1) the main character is Dr. Frankenstein, 2) Dracula lives with him, and 3) it is stop motion animation. I've watched a handful of episodes it aires Sundays @ 11:15pm.
Beginning of the episode that was shown today, I love the intro to the show.

I love Stop motion animation, a LOT.
I've been thinking lately about noir films, I think i'd like to make one, a silent noir film complete with bordered black cards that give brief/vague explanations of what is going on.
Think The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, now THAT would be pretty epic. Gotta love old German expressionist films.

Alec found a setting on my SLR camera that allows you to control the exposure, they turn out pretty rad.
Very ghost-like photography.
Here are the photos of me he took.

I've also discovered that there is a flea market in my city the last Sunday of each month, and I REALLY want to go. But, i'll have to wait till next year, i'm pretty sure Christmas falls on the last Sunday next month.
I've had two cups of coffee tonight and am preparing for the last two weeks, and two days of school, to FLY by!
I think next semester i'm only going to have two jobs, instead of 3.5.
Want to see one of my new hats? Yeah you do!

You can see part of my Munster's shirt.
Man, I love that shirt.
Now, I feel compelled to get a shirt for every old horror classic. But, i'm not sure if that is truly a new compulsion...
I've come up with a couple of new designs i'd like to make, if possible, over winter break.
One is a summer dress that would need a wire petticoat, or a plain petticoat I suppose.
I'm excited to make it.
However, i'm also planning on learning to knit this winter, so hopefully i'll be able to make some cool knitwear.
Actually, I hope I can at least make something that doesn't look like a ball of knotted yarn; unless i'm specifically making a ball of knotted yarn...
I'm looking more at making some cool hats, gloves, leg warmers, and scarves. If they don't take long I might sell some on etsy, depending on how the situation turns out.

I spent the day with Alec and his extended family on his mom's side.
It was pretty awesome, after being together for over 3.5 years I have stopped feeling shy (for the most part) around his extended family.
They are pretty cool people really.

All in all, this holiday break pt 1. has been pretty great.
Granted, I didn't get all the work done I had intended; you know the usual: clean the bedroom, do some extra homework, do some other interesting things etc.
I started cleaning my room, I need to finish it before winter vacation.
I'm going to type up one of my three papers tonight, one tomorrow, and the last on Tuesday.

Wish me luck, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...