Search This Blog

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Christmas List


$31.57 (Online) $50+ in Stores




$78.00 (Skirt)

$17.54

$39.62 used. (I believe two of the films listed haven't been available for home viewing until this DVD)

$27.99

$42.50

$189.00 (Only in black/charcoal)
*Alec wants to get me a kindle for Christmas, i've been weighing whether or not to tell him yes.
Things to consider:
*I carry AT LEAST 2-8 books with me everywhere, non-textbooks, regular reading books.
Remember that I got 14 books from the library during October of this year.
-By it being a hand held library I won't have to carry eight books, only one or two, maybe.

*I still plan on BUYING books, I love the way books feel, smell etc.
* I also have been getting a lot of books from the library this past year, so i'm going to have that to consider.
*I like that there is a type of kindle that has a "paper" screen, so it looks like print.
* I think it would be great for travel, remember the 2-8 books minimum comment above? Whenever I go on vacation I literally bring more books than clothes.
*There are free books available on the kindle.
Perk: I'd keep these books, instead of exchanging them at the library.
* Yes, i'd have to charge it. But I have to charge my Macbook regularly, I don't see much difference really.

I'm still weighing it, as you can see. But, there is a lot of good about the kindle, I hear a LOT of people complaining about them. People who go as far as to get enraged at the talk of them, i'm sorry but if you have time to get enraged over an electronic device, you need a hobby or a job. There is NO way an electronic device could ever replace the full sensory overload of a physical book. Everyone I know who has a kindle, still buys books because, who wouldn't? Of course people love the touch, feel, smell etc. of real books! But for certain lifestyles a kindle makes sense, some people travel a lot but love to read. What are they to do? Bring a suitcase or two across the world with them every month or two, just so they can read what they want?(I know a couple of people who really DO have jobs that require them to leave the country at a moments notice!) It is impractical. I know that with my intense craving for books that it might not be completely practical for me to continue to buy as many physical books as I do. As an artist I don't have the largest amount of room to have an entire library in my house (I would love to have a giant library, who wouldn't right??!), but I don't want to end up with an entire room of books and no room to make art. This is actually a real problem for me, i'm not just someone who loves to read casually, I read compulsively almost obsessively. And considering that I have to make my bedroom into my studio, i'm not looking at much space here. Not even when I transfer to a four year college, art is an intensive field that requires a decent amount of space, especially since I keep making my work larger and larger. Now, i'm thinking of making pieces that take up entire walls in width, and are much taller than an average human. I ended up on a mini-rant up there---^, but in all serious-ness people have become much too comfortable with the level of superficiality in our society that all we do is complain.
I'm done, I swear.

$7.99 (used. Part one)

$7.69 (used. Part two)

$12.43 (used. Part three)

$42.89 (used)

I also need to get a tripod...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...