Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Studio space and Roller Derby

So, Monday I officially got studio space and today Alec and I went to town getting old (100+ year old) wallpaper off the walls. I LOVE my new space. I have so many ideas on how to fix it up!
It is a 70$ space too, which isn't bad for an art studio.
I'm on the third level of Speakeasy and I have pictures to put up showing what we did today.
I went to practice today, which is uncommon, BUT they scheduled something on our usual Thursday time. So they gave us today 6-9, our first three hour practice!
I got timed:
5 laps: 1:05
10 laps: 2:11
I went down, but i'm not doing crossovers which is costing me time.
I'm not super worried that I didn't get my right time to get on hitting group.
I have a few things to pay for still, before I can get on hitting group.
Like my goggles and my number on my jersey.
We did submit our names so I can make a big post about it here soon.
I won't make our first team drafts because i'm not on hitting group yet, but i'm not too worried, i'll make it during our next draft.
Which should be in July.
Today was a pretty good day.
I found this bag of old photos at an Antique shoppe Alec took me too, I think i'll get them.
I want to use them for my new art series i've been working on for my Illinois Central College show in the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...