Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Goth Community: Turquoise Hair and more Art School News

Alright guys, so i'm not sure if I mentioned this before.
But my only reason for going bleach blonde, was so I could dye it turquoise and have it stick.
Therefore!
I just got done with the process of dying it, I used Punky Colors:Turquoise.
I left it on for just over two hours under a shower cap.

Voila!
I love it, and can't wait to see how I look with my hawk up!
I have a couple of quick and dirty tips for cleaning yourself up after dying your hair:
1. use vaseline to prevent the dye from staining your ears, hair line, neck etc.
2. if that doesn't work or the dye ends up in some crazy place (which always happens to me) use nailpolish remover on a washcloth and rub the area. Do that a couple of times and it'll either be gone (depending on the color used) or it'll be barely noticeable.

On another note, I got my financial information from SAIC(School of the Art Institute of Chicago), aaand they are giving me an almost full ride. Which means i'm going to Chicago instead of Boston for my BFA. I'm going to SMFA for graduate school instead of undergrad.
Weird huh?
I really love Boston, but it was stressing me out trying to figure out how to make it happen(aka affording to live and go to school there in two months), and since SAIC offered me more money covering almost all of my tuition (i've got 1,747 that they didn't cover out of a 14k semester). So i'm currently talking to some people about qualifying for a grant to afford the remaining 2-3k (including miscellaneous fees at the institution).
I've already been in contact with a few studio apartments in Chicago only about 10-20 minutes from school, so hopefully that works out.

OH, I've also gotten a few commissions to do before I leave in January, totaling to $415, about six pieces total.
Overall things are going fairly well.
And here's a song for you guys.
<3



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...