Search This Blog

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Great American Clean Up

Today I woke up at 8am to get ready to leave to go help the girls down on the southside.
We had a roller derby event to help out with the Peoria Clean Up, as volunteers.
We started at 9am, we saw some interesting things.
Spoons, forks, lots of cigarette butts, pliars, broken glass and lots of beer caps.
We also saw a woman get out of a car, kiss the driver, then go inside where another guy was with her baby. The two of them kept openning up the door to watch us with these scornful looks and then he called her stupid for openning up the door.
The things you overhear.
Then, a little boy with a toy vaccume cleaner followed us, talking to himself.

Now, photos:




It was actually quite cold outside, and really windy.
I paid my May dues today, so I am set.
Angie won a trash can



They gave us free food, which was awesome.
We had to pack up our studio's today, so I cleaned my room yesterday.
I'm getting rid of a lot of stuff.
Today we had a show at Ci, our last one.
We shut our doors for the last official time.
I have mixed feelings about it but, whatever.
Now, I need to get to bed, I work at 9:30am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...