Search This Blog

Monday, November 2, 2009

RATS!!!

We left about 30 minutes AFTER we were supposed too.
We still got there a little after 1pm, and we waited outside for about a half hour or so.
She wouldn't answer her phone so I was a little peeved.
We left and ate at Burger King.
I called her after and she was home, so we went up.
I had a few issues with her space, the smell was overwhelming.
She smokes around them [REALLY bad for rats since they are proned to respiratory infections], she didn't quarantine one who was sick with a URI [highly contagious among rats], even though it was on medication it still shouldn't have been in the regular cage.
She keeps too many of the babies she breeds and I think this causes confliction among the other rats, namely the males who don't seem to get as much affection.
Some were nippy, the males were especially, and they fought a lot.
Some of the hooded rats has discolored fur, which made me wonder whether she ever bathes them.
A lot of them were sneezing, which also had me concerned.
So yeah.
I really wanted one baby, that she wouldn't give up.
I got Lucy(1 1/2 years- blue hooded), Melinda(not sure age-black berkshire with white tail tip), "unknown" (She is the youngest-Black berkshire w/solid tail).
I need to figure out a name for the last one.
I got them into their cage and they tore up stuff while I was asleep.
Which is normal.
I'm getting them toys, better food and vet visits within the next few weeks.
I want to make sure all of them are okay.
I really want to get more now!
I also feel like making a rat blog.
=P.
I'll have photos up once they've settled down and once my mac acknowledges my camera.
*tear*


Here are a few other rat people to acknowledge for when I want more.

I think my max will be 5 at once.
=P

Rat-A-Tat-Tat Rattery-Gridley, IL (1hr)
Paradise Rattery-Collinsville, IL (2hr48) Fee: 10$ each
Sweet Genes-Naperville, IL (2hr 33)
Willow Creek Rats- Machesney Park, IL (2hr40) Deposit: 10$
Dazzle me Rats- Chicago IL (3hr)


P.s.
Twinkle

*She's so cute. She was born with an eye abnormality and all her siblings have been adopted except her. Dec 15th, 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...