Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

MAP interview

Before:
So, I have my MAP interview today at 4pm.
I'm slightly nervous.
Here is my portfolio, thus far (i'm adding two items to it before May and sending photos to them)








I do have two other items, one is a ceramic piece and the other is a charcoal pastel.
I also found a bunch of drawings, turns out i've got seven sketchbooks that are barely used, to put together for my sketchbook. I've got nine.






*It's on translucent paper, that's why it's so hard to see. It's a bat*




I'll post an 'after' part, once I get back.
Do you think my portfolio is strong thus far?

After:
So I got there and had to wait somewhere around 20minutes before Erin came out.
I spent most of the time talking to her receptionist who was this artist named Miranda, who went to school at SAIC and majored as a painter.
When I got in Erin told me she was very happy I re-applied(I applied when I was a sophomore too) and that she was excited to see my growth.
So I set my stuff out while she went and got my folder with my application and essay inside.
She asked me to tell her about my pieces and I went through each of them.
Then I explained to her that I really enjoy 2D work, but I like working in 3D too, it's just a lot harder for me than say Charcoal.
Then she asked me why I wanted to be in MAP and I explained to her that the studio sessions that I took through the Peoria Art Guild(extra points for me) was probably the time frame that I grew the most artistically. I told her I work a lot better in a real studio environment not a school one. And I mentioned that I had class 2hours once a week for 6-8 weeks and that if I grew so much through my charcoal sketches in such a small amount of time, what could I create if I got into MAP? Since it's 9-4, Monday-Thursday, June 22-August14th. I mean how much could I really develop in that time span with a studio intensive art internship?!
Then I told her about college and she asked me if I would be ready to start MAP tomorrow and I said Absolutely, and she laughed and mentioned that I seem really driven.
She asked me a few more questions and seemed delighted with my answers.
Then she took photos of my completed projects and the sketches from my figure drawing class.
I've got two projects to finish and send to her before the end of this month.
I think it went well, I hope I got in.
I won't know till mid May.
Oi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...